Generation 1--Oscar~~Season 10

Oscar
Season
: Summer Loan Debt: 310,000

Household members: Oscar Job: The law (lawyer track), Wife: Maria-Celeste Job: Chief of Staff, medicine career.

Children: Amarilis, Consuelo, Oscar Simon II Brianna, Ian and Marcos ((adults living outside the house.), Adam and Adrienne (Away at college) and Justin in (Teen Stage)

Its true when they say you should take every day as a special day. Oscar stared out the window of his apartment and wondered how he got this way. He wanted to tell well yell to everyone that he did the best that he thought he could. In the end he knew that he would leave his son with a huge amount of debt. He tried to work and get the $310,000 debt down a little but it was so hard. It just seemed as thought it was not a possibility. Now he faced the truth.

Adam and Adrienne managed to come home from college to hang out with the family. It was a blessing for them to be able to spend time together. Their mom was more and more at the hospital ever since she was named Chief of staff. Maura had come by to make sure that Oscar had plenty to eat and to also talk to her mother-in-law. Lately Oscar noticed that whenever Maura came for dinner she did not do so with her kids or his daughter Consuelo. He wondered and hoped that everything was OK with them.

It almost seemed as thought Maria-Celeste was meant to come home at that time. She came home said hello to everone when all of a sudden Oscar let out a yell. Everyone rushed to see what it was and to their dismay it was time for Oscar to leave this sim world. Oscar tried to rush and say something before the reaper took him away,
"I love all of you. Tell Simon that im sorry. I love you Maria-Celeste...I truly do"
And in a matter of a second he was gone. He left behind a large family to grieve. She didnt know how it happened but Maria-Celeste fainted.
*****
the next few days were hard for the Barillas family. Their Patriarch was now gone. The new leader of the family was Simon and he was in too much grief to even try to assume any responsibility. Maria-Celeste looked at herself in the mirror and wondered if she had been dreaming of all this. How could she go on without her husband and best friend? The kids were all now in the apartment begging her to look toward the future. "What future?" She asked herself. But in all her grief she managed to get it together for her kids.

"Simon?"
"Mom... I dont know what to say Mom."
"I know. Can you get your sisters to come over and tell them the news? I just want everyone here so we can get the will read and get our affairs in order OK son."
"I will mom and mom...I love you. See you soon."
Maria-Celeste hung up and looked around her apartment. She always thought that she would be the first to go...and now it turned out to be Oscar would leave her to grieve.


Their roomate was so saddened by the whole fact. True she had only a few months knowing Oscar but he was such a good roomate.
"Im so sorry for your loss. I dont know how to react. I thought that for sure he would have lived longer than he did."

"I know..I know. It just happens to all of us. Its unavoidable. Listen we need to talk about the living situation. Now that Oscar is gone I dont think that I can afford this apartment even with you as a roomate. I know that this is not a good time..but my son Simon has offered me to move in with him and I have accepted."
"Oh, its OK. I just want you to be happy. Never mind me. I can move anywhere..Under these circumstances I understand. Thanks for letting me stay here while everything is gettting settled."

******

Maria-Celeste tried to get back in gear and work to try to do everything she could an help Simon with the debt. She looked over and could swear she cuold see her husband working across the room. She shook her head and he disappeared. Suddenly she remembered that Simon was coming over to finalize the moving plans.

"So Justin you are geared up to leave for college early? I mean if you dont want to then you too can move in with me."
"Thanks Simon, but im ready to get started with school. I just want to finish and make mom proud."
"OK then I have made arrangements for you and well mom I am ready for you to move on in."
"hmmm? Oh sorry. Im ready whenever you are. Justin if you dont want to leave you dont have to. Its your choice son."


As discussed Maria-Celeste packed up the house and walked Justin to the waiting cab. She shed a tear as she realized that this was the last child she would send away to college. She turned around and got the movers to pack everything up. She took one more look around and then she closed the door.
********
author's note:
This ends the life of our original legacy Heir Oscar simon. He leaves behind a new heir: Oscar Simon II. I am changing the way that I play the sims because I feel that they could use more family interaction. I leave you with a picture of the new heir and you may read his story under the heading of Generation 2--Simon. thanks for reading.

No comments: