Generation 2--Ian Season 1

Ian Barillas.

Parents: Oscar and Maria-Celeste. Sibilings: Amarilis, Consuelo, Oscar Simon II, Brianna, (IAN), Marcos, Adam, Adrienne and Justin.

Synopsis prior to adulthood: Ian is the fifth born in a very large family. Unlike his brothers and sisters he choose not to go to college. He noticed how tough it was for his family to pay for everyone to go to college. Although he started as a mechanic he eventually ended up as an architect but found his true calling in the culinary career. He married his wife while still in high school. Although Debbie King, his wife, is older than him they still manage to live a peaceful life. One of the reasons that Ian decided to move out and live with Debbie was that she was pregnant. Here we begin the story of Mr. Ian Barillas.

Debbie King-Barillas. What can she say? Her friends thought that she was crazy to marry one of her students. She on the other hand did not think so. She felt that she truly loved Ian since the first moment she saw him. Sure she was a science teacher but at the same time Ian was in his senior year and legal to be with as far as the law was concerned. It all started so simple..that is until she found out that she was pregnant. She did not expect for him to even marry her. In her mind all she expected was maybe some sympathy but Ian said he was not that type of man. When she found out that she was indeed falsely tested as being pregnant she told Ian and he still choose to stay. So here she was with her young lover turned husband and so far she was enjoying every bit of it.

"So you think were doing the right thing living together? I mean you still have a chance to go to college like your brother's and sisters" stated Debbie. Ian looked at his wife. He was still amazed to be married to her, "Deb, I told you that my place is here with you . I dont know do you not want me here or something? I want to be here for you and our child". Deb countered, "I know but your home situation was not the best..and well I want you to know that im here for you." Ian responded with, "I know..listen your about to give birth. How bout we go downtown and relax a little before our bundle of joy comes along. deal?" Debbie could not turn him down.
She did want a break before she gave birth.

That evening the couple went to enjoy a good and friendly game of bowling. Although they were competitive Deb couldnt help but think that Ian chose this game on purpose. She worried that he would regret one day not communicating much with his family. They found out a few weeks ago that his father died and he didnt want Deb go with him to say goodbye. She really didnt understand why they didnt get along but she choose not to get into it. Her priority was her life and the family that they were now going to build together.

Debbie was happy that she did go out because a few days later she was contemplating going ot the pool and wound up going into labor. She was scared since it was her first child but then again she knew this would happen. So here it was the moment where she became a mother.

Debra became a mom to not one but to a set of twins. She welcomed twin boys. On the left is her son whom they named August and on the left is Julio. She was still amazed that she was a mom. It was so simple yet complicated this new feeling of newness. How in the world was she going to make sure that they needed for nothing at all.

To everyone's amazement especially Debbie, Ian's mom and eldest brother Simon came to visit their children. Debbie didnt know what to say when her mother-in-law and brother-in-law appeared at her front door. She didnt know what to say but Maria- Celeste her mother-in-law simply said she wanted to meet her new grandchildren. Debbie could tell that Maria-Celeste was looking as though she was seeking closure. She had heard that her mother-in-law was not coping that great with her husband's loss. "Debbie, may I call you that? " asked Maria-Celeste. "Sure. I mean yes. I am just a little shocked that you guys are here." she responded. Simon responded, " Well you know that Ian has been private about many of his things..but with this he called me up and asked me to bring my mom to meet your children. I hope you dont mind us dropping in." Debbie was glad to see Ian uniting with his family, "I am glad you guys came. I am going to put them down and then we can have some dinner."

Ian was more than beside him self that his mom and brother were here and they were having dinner! He didn't know how to mend the bridges that he had burned when he left the house. He was sad that he really didnt get to say goodbye to his dad. Ian did not want that to happen with his mom. "So mom how are you doing?" "well Ian I am fine. I am now living with your brother Simon since your younger brothers and sisters are now off to college. I think that its hard not seeing your dad every day. After all we were together for a long time. I think you know about being a couple since you have been married to Deb for a while no?"asked Maria-Celeste.

"I think I understand. Mom I want you to understand that I dont want you to be mad at me because I left. I left because Deb thought she was pregnant which she wasnt. Then after she was pregnant. I regret not telling you especially dad about this..but I didnt know what to say? I mean did you think I would go home again? I was already settled with Deb here."Ian responded.
"Look, we just want you to be happy. Whats done is done. If your happy then come back to the family and let us in. You barely know your younger brothers and sisters. I think you should take the time to know him."

At the end of the night it was late and Simon needed to get his mother home. "Well tonight was interesting. Maybe you can come over for dinner more often. You know now that mom is at my house, well I dont know if Adam and Adrienne are going to live with me after graduation. I dont even know what Justin is going to do." Ian looked at his brother and couldnt believe that he had been so out of the loop, " when did we get so many sibilings? I feel as though there are so many that I will ever know. I mean where do I begin?" Simon understood he too was out of the loop, " I know what you mean but hey lets take things slow. Hopefully we can make this family a little more united. Well were off goodnight."And with that Ian just stared at Deb and his kids and was glad to have a happy home.

No comments: