Adam Barillas-- Chapter 4

Adam (27), Cara Nanale (25)
Narrated by Cara Nanale.
Adam4a
I came to Viramontes and decided to stay with Adam. I enjoy this town since its so differently from the island where I was born. Everytime that I think about home I miss it more and more. I love being here with Adam and my new job definitely provides me with financial security while im here. Adam is a chef and also has started his own business.
Now that I am here Adam wants me to meet his family and get to know them. I am an only child and didnt even have an idea on how big Adam's family is. He tells me that he has seven brothers and sisters. I can not even imagine having that many siblings.
adam4b
we decided to have a barbecue in downtown park. It was nice that his whole family was there. I noticed how Adam looked like his brother Marcos a lot.
adam4c
I guess Adam figured that I was a little overwhelmed trying to remember everybody's name.
He caught me in the outskirts of the park taking a breather.
"Are you OK? I know its a lot of people to meet at once."
"Yes. I cant believe all of you get along. Its nice to see that you guys have parties together"
"I know. I wanted to tell you that you are so important to me and this is why I wanted to share you Cara. I want my family to know that you and I are together and that we love each other. "
Before I knew it he got on his knee.
adam4d
Adam said so many beautiful things that he wanted for us to live together. I was amazed that he would do this here...but the outcome would have been the same no matter when or where it happened. I of course said, "yes".
adam4e
After we sat there and we looked out at the park.
"Do we tell them all now?"
"No. We have to talk to Oscar and Brandi first and then they will all know."
Adam proceeded to tell me about the legacy life style and how out of respect Oscar Simon would have to be notified about our wedding. I have only heard of this legacy lifestyle but never imagined myself marrying into it. Given the details of this lifestyle im glad that Adam is not the Legacy heir.
adam4f
I wrote everyone at home and told them about my engagement and they were all excited to hear my news. My parents were also excited but they told me that unless the wedding was on our Island then they would not be able to come. My parents have a phobia about flying and I understand.
adam4g
The day came when Adam and I met with Oscar and his wife Brandi. They were easy to get along with . Im happy that I got to meet them.
adam4h
In the end, Oscar laughed when I asked him if he approved of our marriage. He replied, "I may be legacy heir but I do not have that kind of power".
adam4i
We had our wedding in the northern park of downtown.
adam4j
I still can not believe that were married. Adam's vows to me put my vows to shame. He stated that he loved me and would give his life to be by my side. He just makes my heart swell.
adam4k
Now that were married Adam has vowed to get his restaurant up and running. He didnt dedicate much time and now he was going to make it happen. He asked me to help and of course I said yes. Hopefully we can get the restaurant up and running.

No comments: