Melody Sofia Barillas- Chapter 3

Melody Sofia (21)
Narrated by Melody.
melody3a
I am back in school and im finally a Junior. I thought that this day would never come. I have to admit that my studies are going better than I thought I would.
melody3b
I am still learning how to do more than a robot in my electronics class. At first I thought it would be so simple but trust me, its not. I will be glad next year when all my classes focus more on architecture aspect.
melody3c
In case you were wondering, yes my study research time is still active. I am still studying with Cory Barrett who is also a Junior. We have more freshman coming in and they are happier than we were. Right now I am focused on graduating on time.
melody3d
In our architecture seminars we have to post our work in order to see our progress. I stood before my freshman work and I am amazed at how long ago it was. I cant believe that Senior year is almost here and then it will be me living in the real world.
melody3e
Finals are tonight and I have been crunching to finish my research paper for architecture seminar. I know my paper is good but I want it to be better. I cant wait til this year is over with. Its so stressful being in college!
***************************Senior year*******************************************
melody3f
Ruben and I are still dating each other. He has graduated and it seems that we are drifting apart. He has managed to find a place in Viramontes but he has not found a job. I do not know if this is what I want. He comes to visit quite often but it seems that our worlds are so apart.
I told him this and he figured that I needed space. It almost seemed that he was reading my mind. He told me that he would give me Senior year to explore and to make sure that our relationship is what I wanted. I thought this was considerate of him but at the same time I think he too wants his freedom. I guess for now we just take a break. I hope that I am not making a mistake.
melody3g
I decided that I was not going to think about Joshua and I was going to concentrate on my studies. Why is it that now that I am single I wish I were not? I remember thinking how I wanted not to have someone bothering me when I am writing my papers. Now I wish my phone would just ring. Oh well.
melody3i
Cory invited me to go to the park and get some air. We have not talked about our relationships since we got back to school. Our main priority was to get our coursework done. It seems that he is single as well. I dont know why or how I got the nerve but I told him how I had a major crush on him Freshman and Sophmore year. He was shocked to hear it. He liked me too but figured that I would not be interested in someone like him. Are you kidding me?
melody3j
"I can not believe that you liked me Melody. Do you think that this could maybe I dont know. Maybe we can try to see if the spark still exists?"
"I dont know. I mean now its different."
"Do you still like me?"
"I guess. I thought differently then than I do now."
"Or you werent in love with Joshua then as you are now"
When he said that I just got quiet and suggested that we leave to get back to what else? Studying.
melody3k
When we were leaving he caught my hand and swung me towards him. Before I could even stop him he was kissing me. Did you ever feel that you wanted to outlive something you thought about for ever? I thought that this would have been the dreamiest kiss I had. It was so bad I had to hold my breath. What to do? I couldnt yank myself away. When he was finally done I just said, "We have to get back. "
"Are you sure Melody"
"Yes, Cory I have a paper due."
melody3l
Finals were rough. I never thought that it would be this hard. I had a three building project due and my paper was getting thin from my erasing and rewriting on it.
Some poor guy looked at me and I almost snapped at him. I needed to concentrate and not have him staring at my project!
melody3m
Finals were over and we were waiting for our grades. I have never been so nervous in my life. Cory managed to corner me and asked me what was wrong. He wanted to ask me out and see if I was moving back home or staying on campus. I still could not believe that I ever thought I would like this guy.
I told him that I was not looking to start anything serious. He got a little upset but I just wanted to get out of there. Later I got to my room and Joshua called to see if I would meet him to talk about us. I was so nervous when I said, "I would love to meet you".
melody3n
We talked about everything. I was amazed at how much he had changed. It had only been 10 months that I have not seen him. I looked at him and I knew that some way I would have to win him back. He was my guy.
"
"How was Senior year? "
"Horrendous. I was not prepared for my architectural project but im glad that its over. How is Viramontes?"
"Its growing on me. I was maybe considering moving downtown but I havent made up my mind"
"I see. "
"Melody have you thought about me at all? Because honestly I have missed you like crazy and I had to literally get rid of my phone so as not to call you. I dont know if you met someone or thought differently..."
"Joshua, I ... I am so happy to hear you say that. The minute we said that we should take a break I regretted it."
"whew! That was close. I thought you were going to tell me that you met someone and forgot all about me"
."

melody3p
When we got back to the dorm I told him that I was going to check my grades. I came back knowing that graduation was secured. I was now a college graduate!I ran in to tell Joshua when he got down on one knee and proposed. I could not believe that he actually proposed to me. I of course said "yes, Joshua..Yes I will marry you!"
melody3o
He then told me that he had spoken to my dad and he had given his permission for my hand. I could not believe Joshua would do that for me. I am so in love and happy that im graduating college.
melody3q
Graduation day was spectacular. Cory found out about my engagement and gave me a half heart-ed congratulations. My mom, dad and little brother came to see me graduate. My little brother was happy and said that he couldnt wait to graduate from here as well.
melody3r
Joshua was so happy that I was done with school and now our next task was getting married and finding an apartment for both of us to live together.

No comments: