Marcos Barillas--Chapter 4

marcos 4a
Marcos Barillas (29)
children: David, Eugenio, Pearla and Mateo (quads age, 3)
Narrated by Marcos.
marcos 4b
Having Quads is something that is so difficult by itself. For me it is harder since I am a single dad. If it were not for the nanny that helps me when I am at work, then I honestly do not know what I would have done. I feel guilty because my work takes me away from my kids. I try to spend as much time as I can when I am home. I am glad that Linda is now back in the picture to help out by taking the kids when its her turn.
marcos 4c
My baby Pearla loves for me to read to her at all times. It never fails the minute that I come home she is begging for me to read a book. I think she is going to be the writer of the family when she grows up. I have so many plans for my children futures that I hope I can manage to complete all of them. My boys are just boys... one minute they get along and the next they are fighting over a toy.
marcos 4d
The relationship between Linda and I is strained. No we are not together and nor will we ever be. I sometimes think that she wishes she never walked out on me. Maybe that is the bad side of me hoping that she regrets leaving me. We tend to talk more via email that actually on the phone. I didn't think that it would work but the divorce lawyer that I recently hired suggested that I start saving paper proof of us sharing custody.
I never thought about divorcing Linda until I saw her back in town. I guess before I didnt want to waste my time trying to search for her. Linda is getting her apartment ready for the kids. I can not wait until her and my children fix their relationship.
********************
marcos 4e
Linda picked up the kids and for the longest time I sat on my couch and didnt know what to do. Then it suddenly occurred to me, "I am all alone!" I took the opportunity and ran a hot bubble bath. Do you know how long it has been since I had the chance to actually sit in the tub and not worry about one of my kids hurting themselves? This is an awesome feeling but I cant help but feel a little guilty. I do miss my kids... but these bubbles are awesome!
marcos 4f
Sure Many single dads would take this opportunity to date or to go out and mingle. I am 29 and for some odd reason I dread heading to the clubs or worse a bar to try to meeting someone. Instead I decided to invite my family over for dinner. It was nice to finally get some time with them. I had missed all the gossip regarding Ian and his separation from Deb. I guess this is why he was a no show at my dinner party.

No comments: