Oscar Simon Barillas--Chapter 8

Oscar age 37, his wife Brandi age 37
Children: Melody Sofia age 20 (away at college, but visiting during this update) and Oscar Joshua III age 11.
Narrated by Melody Sofia
oscar8a
*******-------********-------------*************-----------------*************
oscar8b
My parents pretty much do the same thing every day. They are so in love with each other that they do everything together. I guess this is why im waiting for my true love before I just start randomly dating. My parents were married before they went to college and its amazing that im past the age when they got married.
oscar8c
It felt so good to be home and be able to hug my mom. I miss this old house. My mom is on her health kick still. I came home and she hugged me and promised to make all my favorite foods. Did I mention that I love being home?
oscar8d
After I changed I gave my little brother Joshua, his present. He was so excited to see me but more excited over his present. I cant believe my baby brother is now 11 years old. He will soon be a teenager causing havoc all over.
oscar8e
Joshua ran out to greet my dad when he got home.
"Dad...dad... Melody's home."
"Really... how are you doing? Are you OK? Lets go in and take a look at your sister"
oscar8f
My dad stared at me and then gave me a big hug.
"Melody you are such a young lady now. I cant believe that your almost a Junior in college. What have you been up to?"
"Dad... I've missed you so much"
oscar8g
Now this is the life, having dinner or breakfast at the dinner table surrounded by your family. We are a tight knit family. I have a ton of uncles and aunts but I hardly see them since every one is so busy with their lives. My parents caught me up on all the family gossip. I was sadden to hear the my uncle Marcos had split with Linda but I was happy to hear that my Aunt Consuelo got back together with my Aunt Maura. All in all there was a lot of catching up to do. Even my cousin Dylan got married! I could not believe it until my mom told me. My dad was still shocked that everyone thought Dylan's husband was some old poor guy but he turned out to be very wealthy.
oscar8h
Later that night I sat on my bed and just looked around. It had seemed such a long time ago that I slept here every night doing homework. For a brief moment I actually missed my dorm room. Although my parents left everything the same, it was still the fact that I had not slept here in over two years.
************* *************** *****************
oscar8h
"This is such a bad idea, " Joshua thought to himself as he got ready to ring the doorbell.
I heard the doorbell ring and I went to open it.
oscar8i
I was so surprised that it was Joshua from college here in Viramontes.
"Um, Hi?"
"Hey Melody. You know thank god your parents are listed. Do you know how many Barillas households I went to? Your aunt Amarilis says Hi."
"You went to my aunts house?"
"Ya. I wanted to see if you were ready to go back to school"
"I still cant believe your here. I am quite shocked to be honest with you"
"well are you going to invite me in Melody?"
"Sure why not"
oscar8j
I introduced him to both my dad and my mother. I knew what they were thinking. In their mind they thought that this might 'be the one' but for me it was just Josh being Josh.
oscar8k
I did not think how wierd it was going to be for him to meet my brother with the same name.
Joshua (my little brother) looked at Josh and just said, "you better take care of my sister"
"OK. I will" answered Josh. I am still embarrassed that my little brother said that.
oscar8l
I decided to get back to packing while my father so kindly asked Joshua to come over to talk. Joshua had no fear of my dad. They started talking about my dad's journalism career and I was so bored that I left them there.
oscar8m
Soon it was time for me to head back to college. My dad was so sad to see me go but was happy that I was able to get back to studying. He told me to be careful and to make sure that I made college count like he did.
oscar8n
After I left my mom got scared because the Grim reaper showed up at our house. I didnt spend too much time with our dog Tatters while I was there. Sadly he passed away. My little brother was so heart broken.
Photobucket
My parents choose not to buy another dog but they did buy my little brother a gerbal as a pet. When I talk to my little brother he seems OK with the little gerbal.

No comments: