Consuelo Barillas-Chapter 8

Consuelo age 37, Maura age 37
Children living in the household: Quadruplets: Audrina, Jacquelyn, Lauren and Lizandra, age 13

consueloch7a
I have to admit that my business has been picking up radically. I moved from cooking to selling furniture and art. I noticed that it was more work to cook and try to keep my shelves stocked. With the little monies that I received I decided to redo my shop.
consueloch7b
Here is the new shop. I think it came out nice. We definitely attracted more customers and my children are great in helping me staff the store.
consueloch7c
Maura ended up canceling her engagement and wedding plans. I had everything to do with it. Maura had called me to discuss the incident that caused her engagement with Tammy to end.
"I wanted to discuss what happened when you came to our engagement party. You know its over between Tammy and myself. My question is why did you wait until I was about to get married before you told me how you felt?"
"I dont know. I couldnt handle the stress of so many kids and us not being able to afford them. I know it was a mistake. A mistake that I hope to correct if you let me."
consueloch7c
"Do you love me Consuelo?"
"I have always loved you since the first moment I saw you in college."
"Then why are we here? Why are we divorced instead of having a family united in love"
"Maura, I know... I know I messed up."
"Well there is only one thing to do. I need to know your decision"

consuelo7e
Before I knew it Consuelo placed an engagement ring on the table and proposed for us to get remarried. Her only condition was that if I said no then she would leave and it was definitely done between us.
consuelo7g
That evening we told the girls that we were getting remarried. The girls could not believe that this was true but were so happy. They really dont remember the time when we were together enough to know whether its good or not. My only regret is now that the girls are 14 Maura will have to try the best to regain the mother-daughter relationship.

No comments: