Brianna Barillas-Chalmers Chapter 4

Brianna age 29, Neil age 30 and their Daughter Taylor age 1
Narrated by Brianna
brianna 14a
I hate to admit it but im so stressed about getting a promotion at work. Neil told me that I had to calm down so he offered to give me some kickboxing lessons he learned from work. It did the trick. I know can relieve my stress out on the punching bag.
brianna14b
I feel guilty that I have to leave my one year old baby Taylor with a Nanny. I try to rush home but it is hard when your on the Viramontes Council. We hired a wonderful nanny who takes care of Taylor's every wish. I was concerned since I heard that some Nannies are notorious for ignoring their babies. Thankfully our is everything but careless.
brianna14c
The good thing is that Neil gets home early to relieve the nanny. Taylor loves her daddy and her daddy loves her. Not a day goes by when we thank god that we were able to adopt such a wonderful child. We are beginning of thinking of maybe adopting another child so that Brianna can have another baby sister or brother.
brianna14d
Despite having Taylor, our social life is as vivid and entertaining as always. We try to invite my family members over for dinner quite often. I think my family has accepted that my house is the reunion house. Nothing makes me happier than having my family over. On this particular night I had my sister Amarilis and her spouse Meadow(who I am talking to) come over as well as my triplett brother Ian and his wife Debbie.
brianna14e
I also managed to have my nephew Dylan stop by with his new husband. I have to admit Mr. Wilkie is actually quite entertaining. I could see why Dylan fell in love with Leo Wilkie. I do worry about how they will have kids if Leo is so much older than Dylan.
brianna14f
No matter how much I try to get Taylor ready to go to sleep prior to having people over it never really works. I think Taylor is much a social butterfly like her mother and father. Dylan came up to see if he could help. I used this opportunity to ask him about having kids and to my surprise he told me that he never really wanted to have any. I guess there is no need to worry. I just hope that they live a wonderful long life together.
brianna14g
The other day I was trying to help my now two year old to learn to walk. Neil had to work on some paperwork from work and he was busy yet managed to give a word or two of support. I heard the doorbell ring and it surprised us because we really didnt expect anyone to come over.
brianna14h
I was shocked to see it was my brother Ian. I asked him if he was OK because he looked worried and flushed. He said he needed to talk to me about how to make marriage work. This actually worried me because I thought that he and Debbie were quite stable.
I heard his issues about Debbie paying more attention to the kids than him. I also heard him say that he may have married someone that was much older than he is. Needless to say that my brother married Debbie without any of us knowing that they were going out. Now it becomes an issue because they are getting older and Ian will never catch up to Debbie's age. I felt bad for my brother but told him to keep working at it and to find counseling for their marriage. He thanked me for listening and said he had to get back home.
brianna14i
By the time I was finished talking to Ian, I went upstairs and woke up my poor hubby Neil.
"What did Ian want?"
"I think his marriage with Debbie is in trouble"
"really? Why now?"
"I told him to go to counseling. do you think we might need counseling?"
At this point Neil rolled over and responded:
"Were fine. Try not to let Ian's problems become our problems."
and with that I had my answer. My husband was right. I had to let my baby brother fix this on his own.
brianna14j
Neil and I came up with the wonderful idea to have a family reunion. When we said family reunion we meant it. I was going to have a barbecue and invite every single family member of ours. Neil also suggested that I hire a photographer to take a family picture of the Barillas sisters and brother. I thought it was a great idea. I called everyone up and they were all for it.
brianna14k
It was great that we all got together to take this picture. It was also a sad moment because we missed our sister
Adrienne who passed a few years back. From left to right: Amarilis, Consuelo, Oscar Simon II (they are triplets), Myself (with the pink shirt), Ian and Marcos ( we are the second set of triplets in the family), Adam(with the pink shirt) and last but not least our baby brother Justin. Its amazing how we are growing up. I just wish we did this before my parents passed away.
brianna14l
The barbecue was a success. We were so busy serving food and making sure that everyone was having a good time.
Photobucket
I went to check in on Taylor and the rest of my nieces and nephews. I had to get some wine for us to drink when I looked outside and I loved what I saw. I saw my family together having a great time. I sighed and said to myself, "this is what its all about... family".

No comments: