Justin Barillas ch 8- The never ending degree challenge

Justin (33) his wife Lashawn (42)
Their children: twins Candice and Cameron (6)
Narrated by Justin.
Justin Barillas chapter 8
We still wake up and marvel at how quiet the house is. The twins are now six and pretty much can get up and play with their toys. Even though we can sleep just a little bit more, we still tend to get out of bed early.
Justin Barillas chapter 8
Lashawn and I have been happy these past years that we have been married. The other day Lashawn came up to me and hugged me. It had been a while since we did something as simple as give each other a hug. We have been married 14 years. I still can not believe that we have been married that long.
Justin Barillas chapter 8
14 years ago I did not have as much weight as I am carrying now. I try to work out but with the kids and our store it is hard to find time. I do not like working out but I know it has its benefits.
Justin Barillas chapter 8
Finally the fishing season has started and the fish are biting like crazy in our lake. Lashawn likes to take a break from studying her finals to hang out with me. She still can not believe that I like fishing as much as I do.
Justin Barillas chapter 8
She finds time between her job and getting her masters to play with Candice. Candice is six now. I still can not believe she is actually in school now.
Justin Barillas chapter 8
The store is open every day except or Sunday. I still gave my employees job evaluations. we have been doing great these past few years. Sometimes I remember how I wanted to close this store down. I am grateful I did not because we are now finally out of the red.
Justin Barillas chapter 8
LaShawn always complains that it is taking her forever to finish her master's. There have been plenty of times where she wants to just plain quit. I tell her to take it easy and before she knows it she will have finished.
Justin Barillas chapter 8
I want to make sure my kids know how to fish. Candice is more into it than my son Cameron. When I look at my kids I wonder if we should try to have more. Lashawn says that she is fine with the twins but sometimes I wonder. Don't get me wrong I love having just my pair of perfect little kids.
Justin Barillas chapter 8
Now Lashawn is finally doing her papers for her degree. I take the kids out so they wont bother her. We are all on the right track and I am happy for our drama free life so far.

No comments: