Shaila Barillas-Ch 4

Shaila (25) and Weldon Fairchild (27)
Shaila barillas Chapter 4
Shaila barillas Chapter 4
We finally found an apartment. Weldon and I were still amazed that we actually live around the corner from Alfredo and Merill. Weldon didn't mind as long as we had our own place. He insisted on signing the lease which for me is not a problem.
Shaila barillas Chapter 4
We got all of our new furniture. So far we both have the same taste in colors. The landlord said we can change the walls if need be. We are still debating on the floor but for now this wood will do fine.
Shaila barillas Chapter 4
Weldon hugged me and told me that this would be fine for us. I know were just boyfriend and girlfriend but I wouldn't mind getting married some day. This big step of moving in is enough for me right now.
Shaila barillas Chapter 4
The family came over along with my moms to see the new place. Alfredo was a little jealous of all our space and said he and Merrill might even look into renting in this new apartment building.
Shaila barillas Chapter 4
I don't know what got into to me but one night I started looking at education programs online. I found the perfect one for us. It allows Weldon and I to earn our BA's through lessons at home. The only drawback? It costs $9,000 each. I know I didn't go to college but in the long run I think it would benefit us money wise.
Shaila barillas Chapter 4
The other night I was painting when Weldon came home and barely said hi to me. He sat on the couch and I could swear that I heard him crying. I didn't want to just come out and say "are you crying?" So I just waited and soon enough he called me over.
Shaila barillas Chapter 4
I asked him what was wrong and apparently he was demoted and we would have a little problem come rent time. He was a lab assistant and now he was demoted to a test subject. He asked if he should just return to the restaurant where we met to work. I told him no and I told him about the college program and that it was time.
Shaila barillas Chapter 4
I told him the price and I could tell that was a drawback. I told him that in the long run we could do and be so much more. He finally said, "You know what your right. If we do this together we should be good. Lets do it!"
Shaila barillas Chapter 4
We secured the loan and I enrolled both of us in our classes. I can't wait til this little adventure is over. Who knows what could be next.

No comments: