Melody Sofia Barillas Chapter 4

Melody Sofia (25), Joshua (28)
Narrated by Joshua and Melody Sofia
Melody sofia ch4
Joshua:
Melody sofia ch4
I can't remember what they told me. I just remember having this sinking feeling when I finally comprehending what the person on the phone was saying.
Melody sofia ch4
Earlier that day I had just said goodbye to my wife. I promised that I would cook dinner. How is it that it seems so long ago that I held her?
Melody sofia ch4
My mother-in-law Brandi, was and still is my support system. Melody was involved in a serious car accident and was in a coma. I called my in-laws and I could barely get the words out of my mouth. I am still in shock.
Melody sofia ch4
My father-in-law Oscar Simon was there and couldn't believe what he saw. It seemed that this was all surreal for all of us.
Melody sofia ch4
A few days later the doctor told us that there was much improvement and before we would know it she would wake up. I just hope that its sooner than later. She had been asleep for 4 days. What if there were any consequences.
Melody Sofia:
Melody sofia ch4
I woke up and the last thing I remembered was driving. I was so amazed to see my whole family and my own husband there. The doctor came and examined me among others. Joshua wouldn't leave me alone for a minute. I had two broken arms but thankfully not anything else.
Melody sofia ch4
After a week, I was so bored about being in the hospital. I told my dad that I was so ready to go home. He finally agreed and told me that I would have to talk to my doctor and my husband. I couldn't believe that these decisions were no longer my own.
Melody sofia ch4
Finally I was home. I remember feeling my sheets in my bed and thought it was the greatest sensation I ever felt. I also told Joshua that I needed a vacation to relax. I was so tired of being cooped up. So finally after bugging him about it, she gave in as soon as my casts were off we would be off.
Melody sofia ch4
We told my mother and she freaked about us going on vacation. She suggested that it could be too soon. She was worried but in the end they both agreed that I needed a break.
Melody sofia ch4
We decided to go to Twikki Islands for a vacation. It felt wonderful, the nice warm air and the nice hotel personnel.
Melody sofia ch4
The minute we changed and got in the room I was all over Joshua. It had been weeks since we had sex due to my accident. He was so scared about hurting me but I finally convinced him that I was fine.
Melody sofia ch4
We were so relaxed then out of left field Joshua told me that he was ready to start a family. I couldn't believe that he was ready to have kids. I told him that I was not ready yet because I needed more time. I was only 25. He told me that he wanted us to move forward. He said, "this is naturally the next step in marriage. Why not have a baby?" I told him , "im not ready. I don't want kids"
"now or ever?"
"just now Joshua. I don't want kids. We have to get our careers going. I don't even know if my job will accept me or not." I could tell Josh was upset and said that he was done eating dinner and told me he was going to the sauna.
Melody sofia ch4
I joined him in the sauna. For the first time I was worried about our relationship.
"Whats up? I mean Josh, I barely got out of this accident and I just dont feel confident enough to have a child."
"It's not that. It's just that you seem like you never want to have children. I thought it would be different. Let's not ruin our vacation. Let's have fun and we will talk about this subject another day Ok"
"OK"
Melody sofia ch4
The vacation ended and upon their arrival back at the house Joshua stated he was tired and went to bed. I took advantage and put all of the clothes away. I went to bed and for the first time looked at Joshua and realized that maybe he was right. Maybe I did not want to have kids...at least while we both are still trying to climb the corporate ladder. This was something that they both had to contemplate. Hopefully the subject would not come up for a while.

No comments: