Shaila Barillas ch 5- Where theres a will.....

Shaila (29) her finacee Weldon Fairchild (31)
Narrated by Shaila.

Shaila Barillas ch 6
Weldon has been having problems at work lately. He was demoted and he really has tried to get promoted again. I worry that he is in a rut and does not know how to get out.
Shaila Barillas ch 6
My moms and my sister Jacquelyn and her wife Opal came over for dinner. I had not had the chance to get to know my new sister-in-law. Over dinner I found her to be maturer than my own sister. I hope that their marriage lasts.
Shaila Barillas ch 6
I decided to confront Weldon about his college degree and his job. Immediately he got defensive but he knew I was right. I did not want to argue but at the same time I wanted to motivate him to finish his degree.
Shaila Barillas ch 6
I did not want to argue so I got up and decided to relieve my stress by painting.
Shaila Barillas ch 6
Weldon got us a cat. At first I did not want to but in the end I allowed him to.
Shaila Barillas ch 6
I came home and found Weldon playing cards with our landlord. I know that he wants to finish school but I dont think he will at this pace.
Shaila Barillas ch 6
He has even been calling in sick from work! I could not believe my ears. I was going to strangle him when he told me that he had a surprise for me. Turns out that he took his last final and he is done with college! He passed and to celebrate he invited my whole family over. I cant believe he had me thinking he was being super lazy about school!
Shaila Barillas ch 6
My brothers and sisters were having a blast celebrating Weldon's achievement.
Shaila Barillas ch 6
Weldon gave a little speech at dinner. He was grateful to be done with school and now we were going to focus on getting married. I agreed with that plan. We have been engaged two years and we still have no wedding plans.
Shaila Barillas ch 6
Lauren did manage to come over and she is due any day now. I did not know whether or not she was fine. She told me that her and Alon were managing living on their own. They both did not want to move in with my moms. I understood her position and I am happy to become an aunt once again.
Shaila Barillas ch 6
People started to say goodbye. I managed to catch Carson before he left. I had not seen my brother since he became a full fledged doctor.
Shaila Barillas ch 6
I thought people were leaving. Next thing I know Weldon managed to get a poker game going. I was tired and bid them all goodnight. He deserved to have fun now that he graduated!

No comments: