Oscar Simon Barillas II, Chapter 13

Oscar (46) his wife Brandi (46)
Narrated by Brandi
Oscar Simon ch13
We decided to take some time off of work and go to our beach house on Tikki Island. Both Simon and I had planned to finish the renovations on the house. It had been a while since we came by ourselves. Usually we had Joshua our son with us but now that he is in college we come alone.
Oscar Simon ch13
Simon had asked if it was OK for my sister-in-law Brianna to come over and visit us. I thought it was a great Idea for Brianna to get away for a while. After Neil's death she needs to get away and relax with the kids.
Oscar Simon ch13
Brianna loved the new guest bedroom. Taylor fell in love with it as well.
Oscar Simon ch13
Isaiah slept in Joshua's old room. It seemed that Simon was in there all the time trying to complete a last minute writing assignment from work. Here we are trying to get away and yet Simon was more on the pc than with us.
Oscar Simon ch13
While Simon worked, I managed to get some long overdue reading in. It had been a while since I got the opportunity to sit back and just read.
Oscar Simon ch13
Everyone was having fun at our house. Taylor and Isaiah usually skipped breakfast and headed straight for the pool. Lunch time was a time for all of us to get together and talk about our day. While they ate I played peek a boo with Samira.
Oscar Simon ch13
Samira was put down for her afternoon nap and Brianna caught me checking in on her. She told me that she wanted to take the opportunity to thank me for inviting her and the kids over. I told her that it was no problem. I hope that Brianna will get better in the near future. I can tell that she misses Neal a lot.
Oscar Simon ch13
On our last night we all did some shopping and I decided to finally cut my hair. Brianna thought it was a nice and bold haircut. My niece and nephew thought it was fun and hip. I just hope Simon likes it too.
Oscar Simon ch13
Turns out that Simon loved it. Its our last night and Simon did finish his work on time. This last week he has been laying by the pool and relaxing. I dread going back home but soon we shall be able to retire here.

No comments: