Ian Barillas Ch--6

Photobucket
Ian (33) Mary (32)
Ian's children: August (17), Julio (17), Darcy (7), Sayra (2)
Narrated by: Mary.
Photobucket
Living with Ian and Sayra has been amazing. I never thought that I would find living here with him so peaceful. Even with his boys from his previous marriage here, things are still peaceful. We have all managed to find middle ground. With Ian's promotion to Garage Manager makes him absent from home a lot. Just the other day he asked me who the girl talking to August was.
It amazes me that Ian tends to forget that his boys are now 17. Darcy his youngest is already 7 and is beginning to mimic what August and Julio are doing.
Photobucket
I set the table and invited everyone to sit down. I remember when I first moved in, I thought that the boys would do everything possible to make my life a living hell. Oddly enough they remain cordial towards me. Its not like they hug me when they come to live with us, but they are cordial all in all. Darcy the littlest one, seems to be a little shy when he comes over. Then after a few days, he begins to open up and gets talkative.
Photobucket
"So my son is now dating? Where have I been all these years? Last time I even talked to him, he was no where near dating."
"Well he is. Elizabeth is nice. They seem to have a lot in common. Time flies huh? Just wait until Sayra starts"
"Whoa wait just a minute. Shes a baby. Let her stay that way"
I smiled at Ian knowing that he cherished our daughter. She was definitely a daddy's girl.
Photobucket
"How bout you and I do a little after date action"
"You read my mind"
Photobucket
August told me that he asked Elizabeth to be his girlfriend. I guess he told me so that I would not mind her being around more. I just hope he doesn't get in trouble because they are always in the hallway "talking". Our neighbor told me she was tired of seeing them out there all the time.
Photobucket
It was time for the boys to head back and live with their mother. This was the agreement set forth by their divorce. The boys would spend a while here and then move back with Debbie. Weekends just didnt work for them but at least they still attended the same school year round. I tried to get up early to cook them breakfast but they beat me to it.
Photobucket
As always that afternoon Debbie knocked on our door and Julio let her in. She informed him that she was going to wait for Ian because they had much to discuss. I could not figure her out. After their divorce I tried to be friendly with her but she refused. She told me flat out that she would never in a million years forgive me for destroying her family.
I gave up on the notion of us two being civil towards one another. For now I just let the boys let her in and I stayed out of the way. Ian came home a little upset and was asking the boys where I was when he spotted Debbie on our couch.
"oh hey your here. This is a surprise"
"we need to talk"
"fine lets sit over here and talk."
Photobucket
I was washing dishes and I overheard Debbie telling Ian that the boys were going off to college and they needed new clothes, haircuts but most of all tuition. I don't think Ian ever thought of his boys not following in his footsteps and actually going to college. Ian was overwhelmed so I stepped in to try to help.
Photobucket
The minute that I suggested that maybe we can get a loan Debbie got up and starting walking out. She sneered at me, "You may live here but the discussion of my children's education is mine alone. Dont you ever, EVER do you hear me, talk to me about my children. I would rather die than let you even place an opinion on our kids. Concentrate on your own child"
Photobucket
Ian got up and hugged me. "hey dont listen to her OK. She just pissed because we dont have all the money for the college tuition. Relax baby. Dont let her get you down". This was all I needed to feel better about being together. If Debbie liked it or not I did supervise her children when she was not here.
Photobucket
I went to take out the trash and again August and Elizabeth were saying their goodbyes in the hallway. My heart ached a little when I heard August say, "my dad cheated on my mom with her. thats why my acts like that. She cant stand her".
Photobucket
Once the boys were all gone, money became really tight. I wanted to buys some clothes for Sayra and my card got declined. This has not been the first time. Ever since Ian and I have been together, its been credit after credit card with him. I told him that he needs to start paying only cash. I told him that I should work and he said that no one could take care of Sayra like I do.
Photobucket
I love being a stay at home mom but, at the same time we need money. How far is Ian going to let this situation go on? I hated the feeling of not having money. I really cant stand it.

No comments: