Ian Barillas-- Ch. 5

Ian (31), Debbie King (41), Mary Vijayakari (30)
children of Ian and Debbie: Julio and August (15) and Darcy (5).
Photobucket
I didnt think it would get to this yet it did. How did I wind up here in my own apartment without my boys? Well after Debbie found out about Mary she kicked me out and I had to find my own place. A few days later I got served divorce papers. I still can not believe that im getting divorced but its for the best.
7
My brother Marcos came over after work to find out what has been going on. I had not told anyone in my family about my divorce. Marcos was shocked but he too was a divorcee so he understood. I just want this whole ordeal over with.
1
Finally when everything was over I had to meet Debbie at divorce court. I could not believe how much she had changed. I saw her older and thinner than when I was with her.
"I am glad that you showed up."
"Deb, I am sorry how this turned out but I have to get these things settled."
"I can imagine. Alright well lets get this over with"
Amazing how something that started so many years ago could end in just one stroke of a pen.
2
I wanted to say more to Debbie but I soon realized that she was still in pain about our situation. I wanted to show that I was sorry but I just sat down and listened to what the verdict of our divorce would be.
Photobucket
Our lawyer explained that we would have to be cordial when sharing custody of the kids. I havent seen my kids in a while so I would get them first and then they would go with Deb. The divorce fee was $7,000. Child support was $8,500 every two years for both children. Deb argued that it was not enough but the lawyer insisted that she too worked.
3
At the end of it all we were divorced. Gone were our wedding bands and the life that we built together since I was 16. I looked at Deb and wondered where had all the years gone? I just hoped that we would both be happier now that we were apart.
8
My sons Julio and August came over to see my new apartment. They were glad to see me and of course they were 15 now and were filled with questions regarding their living situation. I answered their questions the best I could. I wanted them to know that although I was not with their mother, I still respected her and cared for her.
9
Darcy was proving to be more difficult. He just wanted to be with him mother and didnt want to even be near me. He even had the nerve to tell me I was no longer his father. I set him straight in a minute. I told him that I was his father no matter what. I know that he is upset but he needs to try to work through this things with me.
11
Mary came over and met the boys. Mary didn't agree with this but I did. She was expecting my child and she needed to become part of my family. I dont know if we are getting married but I do know that I am in love with her. We both can not wait until our baby gets here.
Photobucket
I over heard the boys talking about Mary and they say she's nice. I just hope that they all get along. Of course, Darcy called Mary mean.
15
With the boys gone, I finally got time for Mary to come over and hang out with me. I told her that I wanted her to move in with me. She was shocked to hear that but said she was willing to do it on a trial. She told me that she felt horrible enough with Darcy having a bad time with the divorce.
12
Mary went into birth. I was so scared with the whole process but finally my new child was born.
14
We had a baby girl. We named her Sayra. I looked at her and was amazed. Don't get me wrong. I was involved in my other children's birth...but this was different. This was a baby girl, my baby girl Sayra.

No comments: