Amarilis Barillas --Ch 8

Amarilis (38), Meadow (38)
Children in the house: Arthur (8)
Narrated by Meadow.
1
Finally the house seems empty with just our baby Arthur at home. It's amazing to me to think that Aaron and Isabel are off in college and were now here. I never thought that we would be able to spend quality time together without being interrupted. We miss our grandkids but even more missed the quietness of the house.
2
When we finally decided to go down to have breakfast we were surprised by Isabel. I ran and hugged her. My baby girl had been away and she looked so skinny. How can these college kids not remember to eat? I remember when I was in college all I did was eat!
3
Immediately we sat down and Amarilis joined us. I need to tell you that Amarilis is so strict with their education. Right away she feared the worst and asked Isabel the reason for her visit. I on the other hand was just happy to see my daughter.
Photobucket
After interrogating Isabel, Amarilis went outside to see if her new garden was ready. It seemed dim but at least she was making progress.
5
Poor Arthur was busy in his room and was excited to hear that his older sister was home for a visit. Arthur was still getting used to his life as a single child.
6
Once Aaron came to visit, then the truth was known. It turns out that Isabel had dropped out of college. Amarilis was livid. She could not believe that Isabel would lie and say that she was on spring break. Aaron looked a little too happy to destroy Isabel's plan. they usually got along but something must have changed.

9
Amarilis told Isabel that she was going to march back to school. Isabel yelled back that she was done with school. I wanted to step in and try to sort things out but just couldnt. Finally they both retreated to their corners and relaxed a bit.
8
I convinced Amarilis to go in the hot tub with me. I told her that Isabel was old enough to make her decisions. She didnt want to hear it but she knew I was right. Besides I made it known that I was pregnant. Amarilis thought we were done having kids and so did I. I stopped using birth control and surprise I am pregnant. Were both 38 and we are now sure this will be my last pregnancy.
10
We told the family and all were more shocked than surprised. Arthur loved the idea of finally having someone to play with. I just hope that he feels that way when his baby sister or brother are here.
11
amarilis went in to make sure Arthur didnt feel like he was being replaced or anything. For Amarilis Arthur was and still is her baby boy.
12
we all spent time making sure Arthur was OK with the new baby. And now that Isabel was home...she even doted on him more.
13
Before we knew it, I had given birth. To our surprise I gave birth to not one but three babies. Amarilis was not surprised since she was a triplet herself. We have decided to name the babies: Jullieta, Ramon and Raquel.

No comments: