Dylan Barillas--Chapter 1 part II

Dylan Barillas, Age 20
Leo Wilkie, Age 51
Narrated by Dylan
Dylan Ch1a
Leo and I got married by the beach in a rather informal wedding ceremony. I know most people would like a luxurious wedding but not me nor my fiancee Leo. We wanted something small that would be meaningful for us. Yes we were selfish but to us that didn't matter.
dylan ch1b
we were finally married. I never thought that I would be a newlywed at the age of 20 but here I am. Now Leo picked this place in front of a house because for him it was meaningful. In my mind I just wanted to be married to the man that makes my heart skip a beat.
"OK so were married huh?"
"Yes we are Dylan."
dylan ch1c
"I wanted to bring you here because I have something to show you. I just hope that you wont be too mad or shocked at me. I am hoping that you dont see that anything has changed between us."
"What do you mean? Leo is there something that you are hiding? What does this place mean to you?"
"lets go inside and ill show you."
"your kidding right. Were actually going to go inside?"
"yes we are."
dylan ch1d
I looked around and I was shocked that Leo had the keys to this house. I was even more shocked when he told me that this was our new home.
"our new home? Wait. How can we afford this?"
"Easy. Dylan in my life its hard to meet someone that you truly are attracted to both inside and out. I lied to you. I told you that I was an intern when in fact I own my own surgical practice for the past 15 years. Dylan this is our home. I didnt want someone to love me for my money or my practice."
"but I have been at your apartment"
"Yes. but that is the one I was renting while this place was being built. This is my dream home. I have worked for this for years... and I know its my plan but now that were married... if your interested then I wouldnt mind you decorating it. I want you to feel like its your home as well."
"I dont know what to say... Leo. Leo you have me in utter shock. I imagined us living in your tiny aparment. Your apartment fits in your living room!"
"Are you too upset?"
"No. Im just in shock."
I was in shock and so surprised. Leo said that I didnt have to work unless I wanted to. He also offered to help me go to college if that interested me instead. I might take him up on that offer. Maybe.....

No comments: