Marcos Barillas---Chapter 3

Marcos Job: Police Chief ,age 27
Linda Chalmers-Barillas job: Lounge singer age 23
**************************************************************
Ian ch3a
Linda did finally give birth. Keep in mind that Marcos is one of three that were born to his parents. Marcos was not surprise that Linda gave birth not to one but to four babies that night.
Here is Linda holding David.
Ian ch3b
Marcos is holding Eugenio.
Ian ch3c
Linda is holding Mateo.
Ian ch3d
and finally Marcos is holding his baby girl Perla. They were both excited. To tell the truth Linda was scared out of her mind at thinking she would be able to handle all these babies.
Ian ch3e
Marcos made things work. They used the room next to theirs and added four cribs, a changing table and a refrigerator. It was an essential item and they had the money so why not? They paid the total of $14,000 birthing fee. Marcos did not have enough for that so he manged to get a loan. He wanted his kids to have everything in the world possible.
Ian ch3f
Marcos also managed to do much more around the house. With Linda being occupied with the babies it was his responsiblity to help keep their dogs clean. Marcos unfortunately began wondering if it was not better to give them up for adoption. It would be a last resort but having two big dogs required a lot of time and effort.
Ian ch3g
Keeping his yard up to par with the neighbors was even harder. He tried to keep everything trimmed and tidy but with quads? He was just happy to finally give his front walk a good cleaning.
*****************************************************************************
A year later.
Ian ch3h
Finally you would think that surviving the newborn stage was wonderful right? Well your wrong. Linda and Marcos had a tough time trying to get these toddlers to stay out of trouble. Now with Linda still not back at work Marcos relented and hired a maid. He was a LOT of help. With Quads running around requiring constant attention they needed all the help they could get.
Photobucket
Linda took the quads to her job that she was still on maternity leave from. Her job miraculously saved her position as lounge singer but they told her that they needed her to come back. After all it had been over a year since she was back. She was sitting in the empty lounge with the kids when someone called her name. It turned out to be her ex- Jonah Powers. It seemed that he was back in town and was hoping to run into Linda again. he was just as shocked to see her surround by toddlers and with a wedding band on. He asked to take out her and her husband to dinner and catch up. Desperate for some adult conversation she agreed. She got home and instantly told Marcos.
"You want to go back to work?"
"why not? We can hire a nanny to help us when im at work. We need more money right? Well this will help us. Why are you so against it? My career is at a stand still. Im 24 and I should be on top of my singing career."
"But the babies are only a year old. Are you sure you want to leave them with strangers?"
"then you stay home. Marcos I do nothing but stay home with them. Well changing the subject. What about dinner with Jonah?"
"the guy you used to work with? Listen my job is pretty busy right now. Im the chief and I need to be around. If you want to go then ask two of my nieces to come over. I honestly cant go right now. Dont get mad. I need a promotion..."
"I know..its always about you Marcos....im done eating...and I will cancel dinner..as always."
****************************************************************************
Ian ch3i
A couple of months later Jonah came over to see why Linda was ignoring his calls.
"What up. Girl you know that I am trying to take you and your ghost of a husband out. Why did you stop receiving my phone calls?"
"Why? you know why. Jonah it was not proper of you to talk about Marcos like that. he is my husband. I know he hasnt been around...but I think I should have not said anything to you."
"You told me because you want me to be there for you. Come on Linda you mean to tell me this is your scene? What happened to you? When we were on tour together we were on top of the world. Remember? We didnt know where we would end up. Look im going on tour again. I need you to go with me. We can go to Europe, Asia and Australia...come on. I need you."
"I cant. I have a family... I can ask Marcos..but that would put us in an akward position. I dont want you to tell me what you told me last time we talked."
Ian ch3j
Jonah moved closer.
"Dont"
"what? Linda I still love you. You were supposed to be with me and only me. Why didnt you just wait I would have finished the tour and we would have been together forever. Instead you come to this hell hole of Viramontes and your stuck in a marriage with four kids. Come with me I love you. I will give you everything your heart desires. You wont want for anything and you can even send money for your kids. Your husband will understand. I know that you feel our connection. We were each other's first and only. Your still my only... come here."
"No...I cant...I wont.... Im married now."
Ian ch3k
"shut up and come here. Oh god I have missed you."
Without thinking Linda just let herself go. She had missed this. this feeling of being wanted of being the most important thing in the world. There was nothing better than having someone worship you. Once again she felt independant. The chains of her marriage were sliding off as her vows were being broken.
"come with me"
Ian ch3l
They were slightly interrupted by linda's maid who was shocked to see what he saw. he thought this couple to be happily married but then again looks are not what the truth was.
"Ma'am your children are crying and asking for you. Sorry to um... interrupt you."
"No..its Ok. Jonah..I have to go."
"think about it. ask your husband if you want but come with me. I promise you the time of your life."
"OK fine..ill think about it."

Ian ch3m
Later that evening Linda sat home with dinner on the table. She had called Marcos to make sure he was coming. He said he was but as always dinner was getting cold. She decided to eat and as she ate the guilt started eating away at her.
*****************************************************************
Months later......
Ian ch3n
Marcos was sick and tired of getting hangups in his own home. If it wasnt bad enough this Jonah guy called way too many times for Linda recently. He didnt know what but something was going on. Just the other day Linda kept mentioning this tour that Jonah had going on... there was no way he would agree with her leaving their kids. Maybe he would agree for her to go back to work but on tour with this guy. Hell no. These were the times of Linda's past life that Marcos knew nothing about until he asked her.
Ian ch3o
Linda had been distant. What Marcos didnt know is that Linda had now been having an affair with Jonah for over 3 months. This is why she was now more anxious than usual. All she thought about was Jonah and her kids. She didnt even think about Marcos that much anymore. She wondered what she saw in him that attracted her so. She knew that she loved him but she wasnt in love with him. Linda had decided recently to go on tour with Jonah. She just didnt get the chance to tell Marcos yet. Jonah kept calling and calling. Linda didnt want Marcos to know fo their affair but to Jonah it was important for the world to know.
Ian ch3p
Marcos finally cornered Linda and asked about all the mysterious calls she made in their office and their hiring of a nanny that he wasnt consulted on.
"I didnt tell you because your never around. Dont go snooping and trying to find out what imdoing. IM not doing anything."
"Linda im a detective I know when something is wrong. You and I havent been together in bed for a long time and now you hired a nanny.. my kids are being neglected. What is going on?"
"Fine you want to know what is going on? Fine. Im going on tour with Jonah. All those calls were his confirming each and every place that were going to. Once my tour is done then I will come back and we can discuss this further."
Ian ch3q
"what? You know what linda! Grab your shit and go! I am tired of working to the bone for you to sit around and hire people left and right to do things your supposed to do. If you wanted to go back to work as a lounge singer I was going to tell you to go ahead but no. You want to go on tour with your little boy toy then go ahead. I know you and "Jonah" have something special. Thats fine. What you could have done is bring your adult 24 year old self to me and tell me that you wanted out. You think that I dont sit at work hoping you are OK with the kids. That I hope and pray that Simon or Bri will take them so that I can take you on a second honeymoon? Allt hat is trashed because you think all I think of you is as stay home mom with no future. Linda the reason I dont stay home is because I make more. If you made more then I would have stayed at home. Trust me."
Ian ch3r
"Marcos, why didnt you tell me this. you had me thinking that you didnt care. I can cancel the tour with Jonah..."
"No you made your choice. Grab your stuff now or tomorrow when were not here but your leaving. You are now out of my life. You can see the kids after your tour. GET OUT!!!!!"
"Marcos....dont im.."
"GET OUT. This is what you wanted ..here it is. Get out!"
***************************************************************
Ian ch3s
Linda did leave and Marcos felt this house emptier than ever. He still had his babies and thats all that would matter to him.
Ian ch3t
And here they are from left to right, David, Eugenio, Pearla and Mateo.

No comments: