Amarilis Barillas, Generation 2 ** Chapter 1

amarilis ch1a
After college Amarilis decided to rent an apartment downtown. Yes she could have moved back home but her heart was not in it. She wanted her own freedom. After all she was a college graduate and she deserved to have some time on her own. For once she found her self alone in her two bedroom apartment.
amarilis ch1b
The first thing she did when getting settled was to call her high school sweetheart Meadow. Meadow too had returned to Viramontes. She was shocked to hear that Amarilis had tracked her down and asked her over for dinner.
"So Meadow it has been a long time has it not? I am still amazed that you didnt try to call me or even contact me during college. We did leave off to school on a good note did we not?"
"I know Amarilis. College life was so different so free that it just got to me. Besides im sure that you had your little adventures there. Did you really miss me?"
"You know I did Meadow. I only thought of you and coming back and hoping that what we had was real. Im still gay are you?"
"What type of question is that? Of course I am . Did you think otherwise?"
"No. I just..well I wanted to find out what you thought. "
The night continued and they remembered the good ole times. Meadow caught up on the news of the Barillas clan and was amazed to hear that Ian was married.
amarilis ch1c
One thing lead to another and they found themselves in bed. Amarilis had dreamed about being with Meadow in high school. They did go steady but Amarilis didnt have the courage to take it to the next level. Now that they were adults...well things were different. Everything was as she imagined it. She just hoped that Meadow had a great time to.
amarilis ch1d
The next morning it was a little difficult. Amarilis did not know what to say. She knew that she didnt want this to be a one time thing. She wanted to renew her relationship with Meadow. Amarilis was getting her speech prepared when Meadow began to talk.
"Look I loved last night but im not ready for anything serious. How about we just chalk this up to experience."
"What? Meadow I didnt plan for last night to happen but it did. I actually wanted us to maybe give our relationship a test drive. What do you think?"
"I think that I am not ready for a relationship. Amarilis were barely out of college and you want me to go ahead and commit to you. I cant at least not now. I want to but what if were missing out? I think I rather us date around and see how things go. I have to go. I need to get ready for an assignment that is due for work. we will talk when I get back OK."
* * * * * *
amarilis ch1e
Weeks passed by and Amarilis didnt hear anything from Meadow. She decided to take the hint and presue dating other people. She met and dated Susan Funchs. She was OK but nothing really compared to her meadow. For Susan it was a different story. Susan swore that something was brewing between herself and Amarilis.
amarilis ch1f
Sure Amarilis flirted a little. Who wouldnt? But in reality she wasnt feeling it and knew that she would have to end it sooner than later. Susan on the other hand managed to change the subject everytime Amarilis wanted to break it off.
amarilis ch1g
Susan even began to be the agressor and plant a kiss on Amarilis. Susan had surprise Amarilis that day and even managed to come in unannounced and and began to try to kiss Amarilis.
"Whoa there Susan..whats going on? I think that we need to talk. This is going a little too far dont you think?"
"No on the contrary. Im tired of just talking Amarilis..lets test the waters in the next level."
amarilis ch1h
Before Susan could even test the water Meadow had come to pay Amarilis a visit.
"Amarilis, you know you shouldnt leave your door un--- Oh im sorry.. I didnt know that you were so busy with someone else. So much for missing me right? Sorry to barge in like that."
"Meadow wait. Its not what you think."
"Its not what she thinks? Then what tell me has been going on these past few weeks? Oh wait i get it. This is why we havent even touched or passed first base huh? Listen I dont know what you two have going on but you need to figure it out before you involve other people. Im gone. Amarilis when you finally decide what you want give me a call." Susan said. With her departure that left Meadow and Amarilis alone staring at each other.
amarilis ch1i
Before Amarilis knew it Susan had slapped her. Amarilis was dumb founded.
"Thats why you wanted me to be with you? So that you could cheat on me the first chance you had? I dont think so. I am sooo glad that I decided that we were not going to be together. I knew you couldnt handle this phase of my career. Amarilis dont ever ..." and then Meadow began to sob uncontrollably.
amarilis ch1j
Amarilis went to get her some tissue or water so that she could calm down and before she even stepped back to Meadow she said, "Amarilis im out of here. I dont want to be bothered by this. You made your choice and I respect it." Amarilis could not believe that her love of her life was leaving like this.. there was no way.
"Wait. No dont you dare! I am not letting you leave things like this between us. Come here. No STOP"
amarilis ch1k
"Meadow. I love you and only you. Why dont you just see that you and I are meant for each other? Meadow you are the one pushing me away! Look if this is truly what you want then fine..otherwise ...Your mine and thats it."
Amarilis grabbed Meadow and kissed her as though she could seal herself and meadow together.
amarilis ch1l
The next morning Amarilis and Meadow sat down together.
"Im sorry about barging in here like that yesterday" Meadow said.
"I know you didnt mean to. Meadow I would love for you to move in with me so that we can live together. I just want you .. what do you say?"
Meadow for once decided to just go with the flow. "Yes I will move in. I love you Amarilis".

No comments: