Oscar Simon Barillas II, Chapter 11

Oscar Simon Barillas (42), his wife Brandi (42)
Oscar Joshua III (17)
Narrated by Oscar Simon II
oscar simon barillas ch 11
My son is a couple of years away from going to college. I wanted to surprise him with a present. He was so excited to learn that it was his own personal cellphone. We got one for our older daughter too when she went away for college.
oscar simon barillas ch 11
Joshua and I have been really bonding lately. We both get up to work out and well I basically tell him about the legacy and how one day it will be his. He seems to be grasping the concept. Its hard to think that even now the third generation will soon bring the fourth.
oscar simon barillas ch 11
I guess it was a little much for him because he would sit for hours and stare at the screen. I showed him the family tree logs that I have been keeping. I also emphasized how important it is to keep in touch with everyone.
oscar simon barillas ch 11
he has also started dating. He told me that he was trying to date a girl named Ava White. So far it sounds that it was not successful.
oscar simon barillas ch 11
After many tries she finally agreed to go out to dinner with him. My son has never really dated so I am a little worried that he will fall in love fast.
oscar simon barillas ch 11
Months went by and I see Joshua less because he is with his friend Ava more. I think that she is his girlfriend but he doesn't want to bring her home yet.
oscar simon barillas ch 11
Brandi and I sat down and reminded Joshua that he had a curfew and he needed to focus on college. Brandi looked at me with worried eyes and I reassured her that Joshua would indeed be going to college.
oscar simon barillas ch 11
I came home by surprise and walked in on my son and Ava half naked. I gave her a moment to leave and Joshua confirmed that they indeed had slept together. I did not know what to say.
oscar simon barillas ch 11
I told Brandi who the next morning told Joshua she was disappointed that he was not taking school seriously. She told him that he better be taking precautions unless he wanted a son at such a young age. Poor Joshua just sat there and turned beet red. Serves him right!
oscar simon barillas ch 11
I am proud of my wife because she has taken the legacy role wife quite seriously. She has made the effort for the wives to get together at least once a month to talk about what has been going on. She gets along with the ex's so she invites them as well. It will get dicey if Ian marries Mary but for now its good.
oscar simon barillas ch 11
They chatted and according to Brandi they all loved her new hair cut. She also mentioned that Debbie seemed a little more depressed and that Linda Chalmers (Marcos' ex wife) didn't show. In the end, they all had a great time catching up.
oscar simon barillas ch 11
I in the meantime was finalizing my novel which got me a commission of $2,330.
oscar simon barillas ch 11
Soon it was time to bid Joshua a farewell to highschool and hello to college. Melody and Joshua came over for a family dinner. I still hug Melody too much for her taste. After her accident both Brandi and I knew we were lucky to have such great kids.
oscar simon barillas ch 11
Ava came by to talk to my son. She was greeted at the door by Melody and asked to see Josh. Joshua and her talked and then Brandi told me to get away from the window. I hope they manage to work things out. I am not sure if Ava is going to college or not. I just hope that Joshua finishes college.
oscar simon barillas ch 11
Joshua left. Now Brandi and I hugged and watched our son go in the cab. Now we were officially empty nesters. I couldnt believe we were 44 and empty nesters?

No comments: