Generation 2--Consuelo Barillas Chapter: 6

Photobucket
It was moving day for Consuelo and the kids. Normally this would be a good thing but not today. Consuelo had decided to divorce her wife Maura. Consuelo had met Maura in college and was sure that they would last forever however this was not meant to be. Things began to change when they had the first set of Quads. Consuelo never knew how hard it would be for them to raise four children at the same time. While Maura was ecstatic about their lives together and possibly having more children Consuelo grew anxious of not being able to provide. Consuelo's job as a double agent plus Maura's as a fast food shift manager were not enough to take care of their growing debt. Not only did they tend to lose the house but the social worker had come over twice to see how the first set of kids were doing. Consuelo could not handle it when Maura announced that she was pregnant yet again. When Maura gave birth to another set of Quads Consuelo felt that it was the last nail on the coffin. Sure many may say that she left Maura because of the kids. The real truth however was that she left because she did not trust Maura anymore. Consuelo paid $7,000 for her divorce and was adwarded a settlement of 15,000 every season for child support. She also receieved $26,300 for the 1/2 value of the home they owned. Consuelo was happy yet she knew she still owed $159,600 in loans. Her main goal now was to work and get money fast.
Photobucket
Consuelo also got custody for the kids for now at least. She bought a nice farm on the outskirts of Virmontes. She didnt know how she was going to do it but she was going to make a living out of the farm. The kids were excited to help. Consuelo held a family meeting to make sure that everyone was on the same page. Now that the second set of Quads: Audrina, Jacquelyn, Lauren and Lizandra were children they too could help with the farm. One thing that Consuelo did not want is for the kids not to know their mom Maura. Therefore as soon as they were settled Maura would come to visit in addition to her daily phone calls to the kids.

* * * * * * * *

Photobucket

Maura decided that it would be best to come over for a nice lunch. Upon arrival it was Sheila who greeted her and asked if she was back to move it. It hurt Maura so much not to have her kids with her. The judge had ordered Consuelo to keep the kids while Maura got her feet on the ground. In truth the divorce could have been worse but she had no complaints. Maura stared at Sheila and wondered where the time had gone. Her daughter was so beautiful and looked more and more like the Barillas side of the family instead of her own.
Photobucket
Maura was happy yet nostalgic when they sat down for lunch. She looked around and was amazed that her kids had changed so much in such a short time. Maybe things could be worked out between herself and Consuelo. She still loved Consuelo with all her heart and it pained to know that she was no longer Mrs. Barillas. The kids too hoped that their parents would get back together but they somehow knew that this would not happen. Consuelo excused herself and let Maura have some alone time with the kids.
Photobucket
Maura looked for Consuelo and found her in her new green house.
"So this is your green house I take it?"
"Ya, I am trying to grow veggies in the open air but im not sure if it will work."
"Are you going to quit your job" asked Maura.
"No. I want to do both. I have a lot to pay and I want to be able to afford to send all the kids to college if they want to go."
"What do you mean if they want to go?" asked maura, " They have to go. Its a requirement not a choice."
"Im not forcing them Maura. Look is there something else? I really have to get to tending the crops before nightfall."
"I...well I just wanted to let you know that I miss you and maybe some day we can..."
"Look Maura I dont want to give you hope. Its over. I dont intend on us getting back together. We had our issues and I think its a blessing that we can get along thus far. I know you may want to remarry some day. As for me I dont think so. I rather just focus on my kids and thats it."

Photobucket
"You dont care about me or you never did, huh Consuelo"
"What are you talking about. You were my love... I just cant deal with the issues that come with our love." I think that we both need time to heal. I know its hard because of the kids and we will always have to be involved in some point. We can do this.."
"I just dont understand how you could be so strong..."said Maura.
Strong was not the word that Consuelo would call herself. More than anything she was determined. Now with her father gone she vowed that she would not allow such debt to fall onto her own children. She wanted a burden free life and she would do what she had to get it. Maura ended up leaving after Consuelo reassured her that things would be fine.
Author's note:
I did not want them to break up but that is the "marriage roll" that their relationship had. I was going to ignore it and continue..but I also knew that wasnt being true to myself. I also have a dice that predicts if they are going to get back together again and it rolled for Consuelo to stay single. Who knows maybe in the future it will change but for now Consuelo and Maura will have to just live apart from one another. I had to choose the two sets of quads to live with Consuelo only because I am not thinking of playing Maura. however, seeing other blogs out there I may choose to play her..but it will get complicated. I think I will just do a "Marriage" roll for her and then just update on Maura when she visits Consuelo.

No comments: